Come see why Drupal is the best platform for building conference and event websites that meet the needs of attendees, event organizers and sponsors!
In this session we'll build a conference website from scratch that provides robust features including:
* Proposing and voting on sessions
* Setting a session schedule for the event and for each attendee
* Making it easy for attendees to register, pay and provide profile information
* Managing a waiting list of attendees
* Collecting and displaying sponsor information
We'll see how Drupal's Conference Organizing Distribution (COD) can help get a conference site up and running quickly, allowing event organizers to focus on running the event and personalizing the site, and allowing attendees to participate actively before, during and after the event!
We'll also see how COD was used to build other conference websites, like DrupalCon Chicago 2010, an upcoming conference for the MeeGo open source project, and several DrupalCamps.